How to Get Rid of Chest Acne
Time can heal most wounds but not the scars of your acne on the chest. Basically, that is due to the oil-producing glands on your chest. So if you are hoping that those scars will just be gone naturally over time, you are definitely going to wait for a lifetime and they will still remain visible on your chest. With that, wearing low cut tank tops, V necks, and dresses can really be a problem for you until you try to use chemicals and creams or even surgery to get rid of acne and its remains on your chest like magic.
Acne on the chest is as common as facial or back acne as there are many sebaceous glands on the chest that secrete oil. Chest acne can appear as black tips, white tips, pustules, blackheads or lesions which can be not only unsightly but also painful. Many of us wonder how to get rid of chest acne as it is not always easy to deal with and is usually harder to treat as the skin on the chest is thicker.
What is Chest Acne?
So before things get worst and while your acne is still curable, why don’t you look for ways on getting rid of acne on chest? But first, you need to look deeper onto what acne really is and how you can prevent getting one. Acne is basically a super inflamed pimple that is usually caused by bacteria when you let your sweat last on your chest for so long that it is able to clog your pores. This happens mostly with people who naturally have oily skin as well as those who love to eat fatty dairy products.
If you have one of those above mentioned tendencies, you better start preventing zit breakouts and use these natural chest acne treatment or preventive techniques to get rid of chest pimples:
Natural Remedies to cure Chest Acne Fast
- Start a healthier diet. Most health problems and conditions are the result of the food you intake. Of course, you need a lot of nutrients to be strong and healthy but anything that is in excess of what your body needs can be also harmful. Take for example those fatty dairy products that you need to help you grow muscles and healthy hair and bones among so many other benefits. You definitely need them but you have to control intake because they can also trigger some bad effects like growing acne on your skin. To prevent this while also ensuring your health, choose those that are less harmful like skimmed milk instead of the regular milk.Or, you can choose to intake foods that are known to prevent such disease. A good example is the walnut, which is not just good for its nutrients but also for its ability to prevent inflammation. It will be a very good replacement for your fatty snacks, wouldn’t it?
- Choose cotton shirts or linen dresses over other types of fabric. Oily skinned people are basically heavy perspiring people, too. And perspiration can clog skin pores and even invite a lot of germs and bacteria, so it is best to be in cotton or silky fabrics all the time. These things allow maximum air in and out so perspiration can easily dry, leaving skin fresher and healthier. At the same time, these characteristics of cotton shirts and linen dresses will help keep you from getting body odor which is definitely a more worrying problem than having chest acne.
- Wash hands as often as you can. You know what they say about washing your hands often, especially after going to the comfort room: this helps a great deal in preventing illness and the spread of germs and bacteria. You definitely wouldn’t want to be one of the carriers of all the possible diseases and health problems dirty hands can hoard from the bathroom, would you? So every time you go to this room, make sure you clean your hands with anti-bacterial soap and water. You should also dry your hands every time you wash it as moisture can always be a catch basin to all germs and bacteria.
- Use non-comedogenic products if you need to. Oily skins need non-comedogenic products or products that have active ingredients like pigments and dyes, isopropyl myristate, cocoa butter, and coal tar. These ingredients are known to keep the pores of the skin clean and open. Comedogenic products, on the other hand, have a huge tendency to clog your skin pores. Clogged pores are one of the main reasons a skin becomes an open bed to all the germs and bacteria.
- Use acne-fighting bath soap instead of other bacterial soaps in the market. Soaps containing Salicylic Acid, cucumber, and azulene work as drying agents thereby aid in the prevention of acne breakouts. You also need to use loofah or other mild scrubs to clean your skin. Rough ones can only deplete the natural oil of your skin to the point of irritating it. You don’t want to do that with your skin, so just scrub lightly to get rid of all the dead skin cells. And of course, always take a shower to keep bacteria and sebum from infesting your skin. Remember that a dirty skin will always collect those unwanted organisms and cause more acne breakouts over time.
These tips on how to get rid of chest acne have proved themselves to be effective. If you also have a similar acne problem, Start with those above natural remedies and if you don’t find a good result waste no time in fixing an appointment with your dermatologist and undergoing the best treatments to get rid of this irritating disorder.