How to Get Rid of a Sore Throat Fast
You want a voice as cool as Rod Stewart’s, well then, you should earn yourself a lifetime of sore throat. Kidding aside, guy’s voice is something to fancy but not the sore throat of course. If you ever had sore throat before, you know how itchy your throat can be and painful to swallow you wish you can cut your throat open, scratch it, and pull whatever it is causing the discomfort. But of course, you can’t so just have to swallow some medicines to keep the pain and itch at a tolerable level. Though this condition is something that doesn’t worry most people, the need to learn how get rid of sore throat fast is truly a pressing idea.
How to cure a sore throat
Serious infection or not, you definitely want to get rid of your sore throat as soon as possible. There are a lot of ways you can cure this condition and worst, coughs that are borne out of it. You can choose to use quick cure of sore throat cough the natural way or the more modern medical techniques. But there is a saying that it is always better to prevent than to cure something, which in the condition of sore throat is true. This painful and annoying health condition is going to truly test your patience. Besides, this will also require different medicines ranging from strep to antibiotics in case it is a serious case.
Whatever the case or level of throat infection you have, you might want to try the natural way to get rid of sore throat. Here is a step-by-step guide that will help you get to the bottom of your health condition without the more expensive health professional advice and treatment fees:
What do you need to get rid of sore throat?
- Throat Lozenges
- Apple cider vinegar
- Cayenne pepper
How you will do it:
- Make a gargle mixture from a glass of warm water and a half tsp of salt. Gargle with the mixture without swallowing. The salt and warm water mixture helps prevent mucus and also relieves you from the pain.
- Use the modifier to moisten and keep your throat from drying out, which will only worsen the state of your sore throat and the pain it brings. NOTE: always clean the water in the modifier at the third day to ensure breathing in fresh water every time.
- Drink plenty of hot lemonade because lemon is vitamin C and the hot water relieves the soreness in your throat. Together, they also prevent building up of the mucus in your throat. You can also choose to add sweetener but the best choice is honey.
- Lozenges help moisten and clean your throat, so make sure you always have a packet handy. To maximize the effect of the lozenge, make sure you consume as instructed on the pack. Usually, each lozenge’s effect is expected to last at least 8 hours. Although there are some brands of lozenges with higher or lower effect span, so make sure you follow them.
- Mix a glass of water with 2 tablespoons of vinegar. Use this for gargle. Use a mouthful then spit it out and rinse with regular water. Do it again until the glassful of water and cider vinegar is consumed. NOTE: Use cider vinegar for best result. Also, you can choose to add cayenne pepper and favorite honey to taste better.
Keep yourself from drinking anything that has caffeine contents. Doing so will help you prevent dehydration.
- Try to minimize your talking because your throat needs to rest.
- If there is a sign of a swollen lymph glands, rash or pus in the throat area, you should contact your doctor and seek medical assistance.
- Always check your temperature. In case it rises to 101 degrees Fahrenheit, this means that an infection or more severe case other than sore throat is developing. It is best that you seek medical assistance immediately.
- Sore throat is expected to last in a week, so if you can’t get rid of your sore throat after this span of time; you surely need the help of a medical professional.
- You should avoid being in a room or someone who smokes because this can irritate your sore throat.
How to cure sore throat will basically depend on the severity and available symptoms you notice, so be very careful in assessing your medical condition. In any case, don’t forget that you can ask for help on how to get rid of your sore throat fast and easy. Still, prevention is the best so before a sore throat finally develops, intake enough water and vitamin c. these things will surely keep you from annoying medical conditions and expenditures as well.