Best Way to Get Rid of Fleas
Were you present in school when your science and/or biology teacher talked about dirty and yucky worms? If you did, congratulations! You then knew that tapeworms are the worst of them all so you definitely need to find best ways to get rid of fleas in your own house. But if you were not, you have just got the idea however late it is.
Tapeworms can cause serious health problems to any living things, so it is best that they are prevented. Besides, prevention is always better than cure right? But there is one thing that is arguably unknown to you: tapeworms can be caused by fleas. And since fleas fancy warm and humid places, you can bet that it is more than just a seasonal problem in very many areas. In fact, your pet is one of the very many places they can lurk on or his house. Make sure then that these places are always inspected and kept dry at all times.
But there are just so many situations and cases that you can’t control so how do you get rid of fleas really? Here are some of the best tips you can use to prevent fleas in your own home, your pets, and their environment:
How to get rid of fleas?
- You know too well how these unwanted pests thrive, so making them go away is going to be as easy as bathing your pests a little often than before and cleaning the places they may lurk on. Doing so will not only keep fleas off but also their reproduction. On top of that, you can also be sure that your pets will be safe from these things and that your home will smell good all the time.
- Free your home from cracks, crevices, and any other form of possible flea house. Also, make sure that your basement is free from the same and that it doesn’t have any voids that may allow moisture in and invite fleas to stay and reproduce. Doing so will also keep other unwanted organisms to manifest like molds and the like.
- Throw away vacuum bags after cleaning places that are infested with fleas. Ensure that you throw them conscientiously as fleas, especially those that are old enough, can easily escape and thrive again in another place. You don’t want to do that to your neighbor, do you?
- Keep your pets from mingling with other pets that you suspect are being flea infected. You will find them easy to distinguish because they definitely look dirty and unkempt. If you wanted to be really sure and not just infer about this, you can peek on the hair of these pets. Fleas are not easy to miss due to their color and sizes, so you would definitely find them easily.
- In case your pet is already infested, you can simply take out these unwanted pests with the use of finely toothed comb that is especially designed for picking fleas. And to ensure they won’t come back, make a soapy solution where you can drop each flea you catch from your pet.
- Always wash your pets’ beddings as often as possible. Do this in soapy, hot water to prevent any flea egg or larvae from developing into adult fleas. You know, fleas just can’t stand hot temperature and thus the best way to kill them.
- Since fleas are susceptible to heat, they will keep off from places that are directly exposed to the sun. With that, make sure that you keep your lawn grass short and all debris from piling up which allows for humid warm place for fleas to stay at, reproduce, and hatch eggs.
- Just in case your pet is already infected with fleas, you might want to rescue him or her by asking a veterinarian about the disease. First, the professional will surely want to get rid of the pests and then provide you with the appropriate solutions on how you can keep your pet from becoming a home to these pests once again.
- There are also various types and brands of flea medicines for your pet in the market but before you get one, make sure you ask your vet about them. A veterinarian will know what to do and how to treat your pets of flea diseases.
The best way to get rid of fleas in the house:
There are still so many methods to get rid of fleas and to keep your place and pets free from unwanted pests especially when the problem already arises. Still, it is best to prevent any of these from happening. And the only way to do that is by keeping your place neat and clean all the time. Also, you should keep your place from unkempt animals from your neighborhood. But above all, always ask the advice of your trusted professionals in this field like vets and other health pro.